Sunday, December 11, 2011

He sleeps like a baby

I realize I haven't updated in awhile, so here goes! Jasper had his adenoidectomy on November 29th. It was such a quick procedure. Paisley had to go with us and we had to be at the surgery center at SIX in the morning. But, we made it there and my baby boy had his surgery. It's always heartbreaking when you walk into the recovery room to see your baby screaming and fighting the nurses, and with an IV still in his leg. Even Paisley knew something wasn't right. She kept asking for "baby," and "where Japper?" Once we started walking towards his recovery room, Paisley lit up and darted towards her baby bubber. And while he was gurgling and choking and trying so hard to nurse, she patted his back saying "okay baby, okay." She can be such a good sister when she wants to be.

Right after surgery.
Mommy milk cures all!
 Dr. Bob told us that Jaspers adenoids were HUGE. Do I need to clarify again? Apparently they were the size of Dr. Bobs own thumb. I know what you're thinking.... a thumb isn't big. Do you know where an adenoid is? It's in the back of your nose, toward your throat. In an itty bitty baby, a man sized thumb in a throat is HUGE. He literally had someones hand, er, thumb, blocking off his airway as he slept. He's now recovered and I can't even notice him breathing as he sleeps. That's right - I'm actually checking to make sure he's breathing. Weird, huh? When he really was having difficulties, I checked of course. And now that the issue is resolved, I am STILL checking. Not because he's snoring or gasping, but because I can't hear him sleep. Did you catch that? I can't hear him. It's all okay now. My baby boy can sleep like a baby. Not like an old 50 year old man who weighs 850 pounds. He. sleeps. like. a. baby.

Note: I'm not dumb. I have babies. I know that sleeping like a baby isn't the most exciting thing in the world. They wake up crying. It isn't 12 hours of quiet. But for him to wake up means that he's still breathing. And THAT is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment