Friday, November 25, 2011

Fiiiiive Question Friday, turkey style

1. Is there a special dish you prepare that you are famous for?
HAH. For Thanksgiving? I'm lucky enough to not have to cook at all. When the time comes for my little family to move out on our own, then I may learn. Or we'll just end up at Golden Corral and then home for some.... peanut butter balls?

2. Are you (did you) go Black Friday shopping?
We went bowling, if that counts. Okay, okay. My smart (?) husband decided that 10 o'clock Thursday night was THE time to get some cologne from Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart starts Black Friday at 10:00pm now... yep, we're smart cookies. Although, we really are because we were in and out of there in 12 minutes.

3. What are your strangest Holiday traditions?
Hrm. I'm not sure if we even have strange traditions. We don't have any sort of tradition, in all honesty. Now I want to make a strange one just because.

4. Pecan or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin, with A HUGE TUSH (as opposed to @$$ because uhm, I'm trying to be respectful... tush sounds weird in this context) dollap of cool whip. And when that dollap magically ends up in my mouth without the pie, then I must have another serving of cool whip. An extra large one... in case half of it ends up in my pieless pie hole again.

5. When will you put up your Christmas tree?
Well I'm actually already late. I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving but I'm kind of scared of it this year. A 2 year old and an 11 month old are going to DESTROY my tree. I must plan and take action in operation hide-the-tree-from-kids-but-still-visible-for-the-adults. Eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Haha question number five made me laugh! I have actually never had a problem with April touching our tree (thankfully). I guess she knows it's a no-no? However, the Christmas when I was pregnant (I was about four months and very emotional as I'm positive you know) and we had a young puppy who almost as soon as I put up the tree, tried to eat a candy cane and knocked over the tree breaking almost all of the ornaments. (Including ones I had JUST gotten Chris). I balled like a baby. Anyway, the point is, I sympathize!!
    Maybe you should just hang it from the ceiling so they can't reach it :)

    ReplyDelete